Simon Fell > Its just code > Mac UI's
Saturday, November 04, 2006Mac UI's
Mac developers in general appear obsessed with usability and appearance, I don't think this is a bad thing, its one of the things that makes using a Mac an enjoyable experience. However for graphically challenged developers such as myself (there's a reason I concentrate on web services :)) it leads to a frustrating number of hours with graphics tools and interface builder. Anyway, the unofficial apple weblog was quick to point out that SF3 isn't pretty, and hey, I'm not going to argue, even more depressing is the fact that there was about 4 different, equally ugly UIs before it. However unlike my first trip into OSX land, there's now a bunch of great blogs and resources for the youngling cocoa developers
- Matt Gaemmell has a bunch of useful code, including RoundedBox which I used to tidy up the SF3 UI (see below)
- CocoaDevCentral has some great tutorials to get you pointed in the right direction, and links to a bunch of great blogs.
- Wil Shipley has an invaluable series of posts called pimp my code.
- The red sweater blog has a great post on some UI changes in FlexTime and how they were done.
- The CocoaDev wiki seems to have something to stay about anything you might run into.
You can't post a Comment
Sorry i got sick of comment spam, have something to say about one of my posts, post it to your own weblog.