Quicksilver plugin for Salesforce.com
My previous ramblings about Spotlight left me thinking about a Quicksilver plugin, I use Quicksilver way more than Spotlight, plus Quicksilver is extensible (if poorly documented) with additional plug-ins, so I put together a Quicksilver plug-in for Salesforce, download the plugin, expand the zip, double click the plugin file to install it into Quicksilver, then goto the Quicksilver properties to setup your Salesforce login info. After that, there's 2 new actions, the first is search, associated with QS's text mode (e.g. hit ctrl-space to bring up QS, hit ., type foo, tab to the action menu and select search salesforce, takes 10 times longer to explain than to do). The 2nd action is associated with files, and allows you to easily upload a file into a document in Salesforce.com.
Michael Wilde put together a great video on getting up and running with the plug-in, thanks Michael!.
v0.7 Apr 12, 2010
- Added support for multiple accounts, makes it easier to chatter/search/upload in multiple salesforce.com accounts at the same time.
- Added new login action, to login & open Salesforce.com in a browser (it'll respect Browser choices set in Trapdoor)
v0.6 Feb 23, 2010
- Updated to support Salesforce Chatter, you can now update your status as well as post Files & URLs to Chatter.
- Login is now promted at the first usage since you started Quicksilver, rather than being set in the perferences.
v0.3 Nov 6, 2008
- Fixed a URL encoding bug if you search for something with a space in and have multiple results. (Thanks to Michael Wilde for reporting it)
v0.2 Feb 13,2007
- Initial release