Maildrop provides an easy way to copy emails from Mail, Entourage or Outlook 2011 into Salesforce.com.
I'm not longer maintaining Maildrop, but its open source, see its project home page on Github, You can grab the source and make whatever changes you like.
Quickly Create a new case from an email.
Create an Email Activity from an email, search for who & what the email is related to.
Quickly create new contacts or leads if needed.
Upload Email attachments to the relevant records in Salesforce.com
Securely stores your Salesforce.com credentials on the Keychain.
Supports the tools you use, works with Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage & Microsoft Outlook 2011
DownloadRequires Mac OSX 10.5 or later, and a supported email client (Apple Mail, Entourage 2008, or Outlook 2011)
Works with all Salesforce editions that include activities and/or cases.
You can download Maildrop v2.93. Source code is available on github.
Got Feedback, questions, comments? please post them to the Apple/OSX Forum.
v2.93, May 31, 2012
- Fixed applescript error when trying to add an email that has no recipients (to: addresses).
- The related to what search text is now defaulted to the email subject.
- Fixed a typo in the keychain dialog text.
v2.92, Oct 26, 2011
- Lion window will now recommend upgrade to 10.7.2 or suggest re-enabling attachments if you're already on 10.7.2
v2.91, Sept 1, 2011
- Button bar configuration changes are now remembered between restarts.
- Mail scripts will no longer try to access attachments if attachments are turn-ed off in the preferences, this allows for better experience on Lion which has issues with attachments.
- Window at startup that details the Lion/Mail problem if you're on Lion.
v2.9, July 6, 2011
- You can now set the activity status when creating new emails.
- The "Who" search now shows the account name for contacts or the company name for leads.
- The bug with sent emails not being detected correctly in Entourage and Outlook is fixed.
- A script error when you have more than one email selected in Outlook is fixed.
- A script error when you try and add a email from Outlook with a blank subject is fixed.
v2.8, April 9, 2011
- Fix for 'cmb' not defined applescript error.
- Will now try and use the top most mail window, instead of the first.
v2.7, Feb 22, 2011
- Button bar is now a real toolbar, you can customize it, use small buttons, text only etc.
- Errors encountered while running applescript are now alerted to the user, so that they know something went wrong.
- A problem when trying to use Maildrop without access to contacts and leads is fixed.
- There's a new preference option to disable to button bar auto show/hide feature and make it a regular window.
- The close/minimize and window menu options now work for the button bar window.
v2.6, Jan 3, 2011
- Resurrected the option to associate attachments with the who/what, added the ability to select the created activity as a target for the attachments.
v2.5, Nov 30, 2010
- Fixed issue with only one search result being returned in searches.
v2.4, Nov 20, 2010
- Added support for Outlook 2011 (This doesn't include attachments, due to a limitation in Outlook).
- Attachments are now stored directly on the Task in salesforce.com, you may need to add the Attachments related list to your Task page layout to see them.
- Fixed a problem with Mail where it wouldn't correctly identify that the email was a sent email.
v2.2, Nov 29, 2009
- Requires OSX 10.5 or later.
- Expired passwords can now be changed within maildrop
- Fix for error when an email contains invalid XML characters, these are now stripped out.
- Handle fact that Apple Mail sometimes adds the account name to the Sent Message fiolder
- Option to include to/from email address in the activity comments
- Auto select search result if search only returns 1 result
- User is prompted to truncate/cancel when the email is longer than allowed by Salesforce.com
- Help from main menu now correctly opens the main help page, not the button bar help
- Use the last closed status, not the first when there are multiple closed statuses
- Help is now online not in the app (smaller download, can be updated without rev'ing app)
v2.1, Jan 6, 2009
- Fix for issue where Button Bar buttons appear to do nothing on OSX 10.4
v2.0, Dec 7, 2008
- New ButtonBar UI to replace the use of the scripts menu, much much easier to use.
- Attachment support, easily upload attachments from the email to the relevant record in Salesforce.com
- 'What' searches can now return an extra field, configurable on a per object basis.
- Fix for bug where closing the window would leave Maildrop in a modal state, where you couldn't quit.
- Improved error messages from login, and more detailed tips about login in the help.
- Links to the discussion forums added.
v1.5.0, Sept 27, 2007
- The email subject now appears in the add email dialog so you can edit it before the activity gets created in Salesforce.
v1.4.0, Sept 16, 2007
- In the Add Email window, you can now press enter when entering search text to perform the search.
v1.3.5, Sept 13, 2007
- New split view window for Add Email, makes it more obvious that you can set both the Who and What relationships when adding emails, no more tabs.
- Fix for problem creating a case from the Sent folder in Mail when the to address only contains an email address.
v1.3.1, July 15, 2007
- Fix for problem adding an email from the Sent folder in Mail when the to address only contains an email address.
v1.3, April 9, 2007
- Can now create leads in addition to contacts from the add email page, the add lead/contact buttons are now much more obvious.
- The Add Email dialog is reset between emails, it no longer defaults to the last email's selections.
- Malformed search error with email addresses containing dashes is fixed.
- New menu item to reinstall the scripts (under help), and error reporting when the script install fails.
- New application icon and updated help.
v1.2, Feb 28, 2007
- Login dialog updated to better support multiple keychain entries.
- Both the Login and Add Email windows are brought to the front when activated by the scripts. (sometimes they'd get left hidden under windows)
- Adding a Sent email now defaults the Who to the address rather than the sender.
- The date for a sent email from Entourage is now picked up correctly.
- Add Email will now set the Type field on the Task to Email, if the field is not hidden by Field Level Security.
v1.01, Jan 21, 2007
- If you initially entered a wrong password, the 2nd login attempt would cause a crash (Thanks to Rupert Barrow for the report)
- If you proactively logged in via the Login option in the Maildrop menu, you would still get prompted to login the first time you tried use Maildrop.
v1.0, Jan 19, 2007
- Initial release.